Friday 20 January 2012

Eight weeks old! (by Nightingale)

I am getting really big by now! I weight over 2kg and my older sister Cardinal is already 2.5kg – she is kind of fat ha ha! (Just kidding.) My Mama went away a week ago, back to her own family, but I don’t really mind – I’ve got my sisters and brother and there’s Uncle Aspen to play with and Grandma Momo, when she’s in the mood. We get really yummy food to eat now that we have lots of teeth.

I can climb stairs (though it’s scary to go down), carry a ball, tug on a rope, pee on the pee pad (most of the time), drink from our fountain, sit for a treat, and ring the bell to go outside. I sometimes pee and poop outside and my people seem to really like that! Outside it’s cold and white and freezing but my nice long fur keeps me toasty warm – at least for a few minutes. Uncle Aspen likes to go outside and we chase him out there and play with him. Grandma Momo goes out too but she doesn’t like playing as much as Uncle Aspen does. I sleep in my crate through the whole night now, from around 10 at night to 6 in the morning, without whining to go out and I NEVER mess my crate!


This is what our day is like: My sibs and I get to play for a long time after breakfast, then we have a nap in our crate again until Nanny comes to let us out, give us lunch, and play a bit more. In the middle of the afternoon is when it gets really fun! The human pups come home and we get to PLAY – well at least for a while, then they go sit at the table to read and write and stuff like that. I don’t know why they spend so much time doing such boring stuff when they could play with US! But when they’re FINALLY finished they play with us some more and we do fun stuff like playing tug of war, getting treats for simple stuff like sitting and lying down, and running back and forth playing tag. Every once in a while the human pups put coats on us and take us outside to play in the fluffy white snow for a few minutes. That is FUN! Then it’s supper time, more play time, and eventually all the lights go out, the humans head for their beds, and my sibs and I settle into our crate for another night’s sleep.


A week ago we took a loooooong ride in that big metal machine thing that goes fast and makes noise – whaddya call it? Yeah, a car! And at the other end we got to go into a strange building with lots of people who told us we were super cute and then poked and prodded us and stuck us with a needle, yikes! Though it wasn’t as big as the needle we got poked with the night before to stick a piece of metal rice between our shoulder blades. I think they call it a microchip. Do you have one too? The man there seemed to think we were really cute and pretty and the best kissers around – especially me of course! He liked my thick coat and cute face. We all got snuggles and treats and then we took another loooooong ride and hey! We were home!

Well, it’s been nice chatting! If you want to come visit I’d be happy to play with you. Maybe you’d like to take me home with you – my people say I’m “available,” whatever that means.

Ciao,
Nightingale


No comments:

Post a Comment