Thursday 19 April 2012

Puppies are on their way!!

I took a phone call from my Nanny a bit before 2:00.

"Roma, I think you might want to come home... I think the puppies might be coming!"

I finished off what i was working on and hopped on my bike (since it was a fine day today, I took my bike in to work). With the low traffic volumes, I got home in about 30 minutes.

"Any puppies?" I called as I walked in the door.

"Yes!" came the slightly frazzled answer. "One! A little black one."

She wasn't sure if it was a boy or a girl, so as soon as I changed into a t-shirt and shorts I came to check. "A little black boy!" I announced. "With a white spot on his chest!"

Moments later the kids walked in the front door, just home from school. And just secondsafter that we were all busy with the delivery of puppy #2 - an apricot/red male with a white blaze on his forehead.

Amore is resting now, taking a break before #3 arrives. Mo ususally delivers all her pups pretty quick, so it shouldn't take long.

Stay tuned! (I'll post photos later this evening.)

No comments:

Post a Comment