Monday 22 October 2012

Ariel is all settled in Nova Scotia

I received a lovely e-mail today from Rhonda of Scotia Doodles, who purchased Ariel as a breeder and welcomed her just two weeks ago. Here is what she had to say:

"Life is funny. I had posted an ad for (Ariel) and got many replies but none that jumped out at me as the right one. She is so easy to have around, I thought I'd just wait and make sure the right match was made. Then Friday night, a couple came to my house to pick up my friend’s Goldendoodle whom I was helping take care of while she is away. They were taking her for the weekend. They had lost their male Golden Retriever a few weeks ago.
"The wife asked if she could meet the other dogs I had in the family room behind the gate, so I let them all out. She was immediately taken with the smaller ones – Daisy and Ariel. I placed Ariel in her arms and she just sank in – it was LOVE! They stayed an hour, discussing the guardian situation and we made plans for me to bring her over the next morning to see how she did with their 2 cats.
"So Saturday morning I took her over, they live only a few streets away. As you might have guessed, she was perfect. The cats had no issue with her and she had none with them. I had to get (my son) to hockey so suggested they keep Ariel for the afternoon. I swear the wife was like a kid at Christmas at that suggestion!
"I called them later that day. They had already taken her shopping and bought sweaters, collars, feeder bowls and a raincoat for her. I met up with them again that night to deliver her crate and she was already bonding with both of them. They are lovely people in their early\mid 50's. Nice home with a large level lot for Ariel to play in and stretch her legs for some running. She is so fast!
"The best part is that because she lives so close, they are going to drop her off 1 day a week for playdates with my dogs so that she remains socialized and comfortable here when she delivers her pups. So I still get to see her  :)
 "Anyway, I just thought you'd want to know she is settled and doing great. She is such a sweet girl. Thanks again for sending her my way."
I'm hoping to get a few photos to share too. It's always great to hear a dog has settled so well and has found just the right family!

No comments:

Post a Comment