Tuesday 27 March 2012

Upcoming Doodle Romps

With the lovely weather last week I had romps on the mind! Now it’s gotten cooler again – more like March in Canada, instead of in Mexico – but we’re still seeing some sunshine and the snow is pretty much all gone (unless there’s some hanging around in huge piles or under trees in deep shade…) which makes it easier to get out and about.

I’ve scheduled two romps in the next two weeks, to take advantage of the Easter holidays.

#1:  Saturday, 31 March, 3:00 pm, at Conroy Pit.
Instead of meeting right beside the busy parking lot area, we’ll meet a bit further down the main trail, at the point where the first side path branches off to the left. It's still busy there but less so than right at the parking lot so might be easier to keep dogs hanging around while waiting for everyone to show up.

#2: Easter Monday, 9 April, 11:00 am, at Bruce Pit (unless those whom that location suits can’t make it, in which case we’ll switch back to Conroy).
I know not everybody get Easter Monday off, but I think we have enough civil servants and teachers to make it a viable Romp day. We'll make the meeting location off the parking lot, which I understand is bigger than at Conroy. This will be a new experience for me as I’ve never been to Bruce Pit before (though my kids have with our nanny).

Please rsvp by sending me an e-mail so I know whom to wait for!
In your response for Romp #2, please indicate whether you would be able to make it if we went to Conroy Pit instead. If nobody for whom Bruce Pit is convenient can make it out that day (and people for whom Conroy is better could make it), then I'll change the venue to Conroy.

Here’s hoping for fine weather and lots of furry friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment